Modern cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles come with complex
technology such as digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers,
unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more
efficiently than models of years past. However, they eventually need to be
Before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service, do your homework so you receive the best possible service.
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
- Do not ignore any warning signals your car may give you.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give your mechanic.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Allow our experienced technicians to diagnose and recommend a remedy.
- It's important to note when the problem occurs. Is it constant or periodic? Does it occur when the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up? Does it happen at all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
Check for the following common vehicle maintenance issues on a regular basis:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, and vibrations.
- When did the problem first start?
How to manage your service experience:
- Ask as many questions as needed to fully understand your repair. Ask for an explanation in laymans terms if necessary.
- Don't rush the technicians. You may be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and cost before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Make sure the shop has your contact information readily available, so you can be reached as soon as possible.
Thomas and the staff at CT automotive are top notch. We take both our cars there because Thomas is an honest guy with a lot of expertise and he's going to give it to you straight. They worked on my Subaru recently and they did a great job. They told me what to expect going forward and had kept me updated throughout the process. I highly recommend CT Auto for your cars needs. Thanks Thomas, Ashley and everyone over there. You guys are awesome!
Rachel Grazulis, 06/19/2022
I've been coming to CT Automotive for about 3 months now. In that time, I've had about 4 repairs done ranging from putting on headlights and side mirror to radiator service. Mike at the front has always been really nice and thorough when explaining what my car needs. They also helped me with a ride to my house while I waited for my car. Overall, the cost of services is a bit on the pricey side if you choose to use their parts, but they will also install customer provided parts, which is a huge plus. Service is always friendly and the work done on my car has always been reliable! CT Automotive is always my first choice for car repairs
Corina M, 06/06/2022
They really did me a huge favor by taking time out of their busy schedule to help me with my car problems. He was super informative 40 solved the problem and didn't just make something up get my money. I will definitely come back to the shop if I'm ever again in the area and need work done. Thank you so much!
Nicole Feldmann, 06/01/2022