Modern cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles come with complex
technology such as digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers,
unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more
efficiently than models of years past. However, they eventually need to be
Before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service, do your homework so you receive the best possible service.
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
- Do not ignore any warning signals your car may give you.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give your mechanic.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Allow our experienced technicians to diagnose and recommend a remedy.
- It's important to note when the problem occurs. Is it constant or periodic? Does it occur when the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up? Does it happen at all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
Check for the following common vehicle maintenance issues on a regular basis:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, and vibrations.
- When did the problem first start?
How to manage your service experience:
- Ask as many questions as needed to fully understand your repair. Ask for an explanation in laymans terms if necessary.
- Don't rush the technicians. You may be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and cost before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Make sure the shop has your contact information readily available, so you can be reached as soon as possible.
My truck started acting strange and its engine light came on when I was in Columbia for a medical appointment. I found CT Automotive and Cycle on Google, saw the reviews, and decided to give them a try. Since I was a walk-in, I was not hopeful, but they fit me into their schedule immediately. They gave me an honest assessment of the problem, provided repair and maintenance options, and completed the repair in just a couple of hours. Fast, fair, and friendly.
Mike Irwin, 08/30/2022
My first time with this company. Car inspection and they explained a few things to me and got me back on the road with my inspection. Thanks
Priscilla Rig, 07/31/2022
Thomas and the staff at CT automotive are top notch. We take both our cars there because Thomas is an honest guy with a lot of expertise and he's going to give it to you straight. They worked on my Subaru recently and they did a great job. They told me what to expect going forward and had kept me updated throughout the process. I highly recommend CT Auto for your cars needs. Thanks Thomas, Ashley and everyone over there. You guys are awesome!
Rachel Grazulis, 06/19/2022